2 BFFS, 6 MONTHS, 545 MILES, 10,000 DOLLARS*, INFINITE LOVE


*Denotes minimum goal

Saturday, June 5, 2010

It is time.

I woke up at 5:30am to throw up.

Is it nerves?

No.

Bad sushi.

Either way, it's a great way to start the day before the first day of the ride!

I've been in Sacramento since Thursday night with David and Sunny . . . figuring out cell phone power solutions, red dress day outfits and of course, packing a new gear bag that actually zips up.

In a few minutes, we're headed to Starbucks, Noahs Bagels and San Francisco for Orientation day. All I really have to do is get my eyes on my bike, find a tent mate for the week, watch a 30 minute safety video, and check in. Everything else is taken care of.

Beyond that, we're staying with a buddy of mine in San Fran . . . we'll call him Notre Dame Sucks . . . who has generously agreed to put the three of us up for the night.

I'm one 4am wake up call away from actually being on this ride :)

The quick rundown is this:
Day 1: San Fran to Santa Cruz - 79.4 miles
Day 2: Santa Cruz to King City - 107.6 miles
Day 3: King City to Paso Robles - 66.7 miles
Day 4: Paso Robles to Santa Maria - 97.7 miles (half way point is on this ride)
Day 5: Santa Maria to Lompoc - 67.7 miles (also red dress day!)
Day 6: Lompoc to Ventura - 85.5 miles
Day 7: Ventura to Los Angeles - 61.5 miles (PCH through Malibu if you want to say hi. I'll either be wearing a USC Jersey or a purple jersey with a dragon fly on it. depends on which smells better come day 7!)

I love you all. thanks for the love and support.

I'll tweet from the road and post the full story when I get back to Los angles.

With love,

Sarah Criqet

No comments:

Post a Comment